Dr. Noyes Featured For Winning Top Doc Honors

Noyes Knee Institute Signature

Published On

Sep 27, 2011



Patients travel great distances to visit Dr. Frank Noyes when they have serious knee injuries, and with good reason. The Indian Hill resident has been named one of the top 25 knee surgeons in the U.S. by Becker’s Hospital Review, a bimonthly publication offering business and legal news relating to hospitals and health systems. Noyes specializes in sports medicine. He received his medical degree from George Washington University, completed his internship and orthopaedic residency at the University of Michigan and started the University of Cincinnati’s sports medicine program after joining the school’s orthopaedic surgery department in 1975. Noyes said he’s devoted much of his medical career to the knees because when he began practicing, there was very little science devoted to the knees. He said knee and ligament problems were much more difficult to treat than they are today. “We didn’t have the basic research or knowledge to deal with that,” Noyes said. Joseph Siebenaler, who traveled from Hawaii to Montgomery to be treated by Noyes, said he went to numerous knee surgeons on various Hawaiian islands who couldn’t help him. He said upon doing research on his issues he found Noyes’s achievements in repairing knee ligaments. Noyes actually invented the surgery Siebenaler needed to recover from his injury, which he’s been dealing with for two years. “Of course, I’m going to go with (Noyes),” he said. Siebenaler said doctors near his home gave his injury a 10 percent chance of recovery. He said after visiting with Noyes for several weeks, his chance of recovery is now 90 percent.