Our series of eBooks offer a wealth of knowledge about all kinds of knee injuries and problems. Written in language that is easy to read and understand, these eBooks contain all of the information you need to know about how a diagnosis is made by medical professionals and what options are available to treat your knee problem. There are over 50 illustrations and photographs to help you understand how the knee works, what your knee problem means, and exercises to perform to recover the normal function in your knee and leg. The editors used their decades of experience in conducting research studies and treating patients with all types of knee problems to write these eBooks.
For Orthopaedic Surgeons...
Our textbooks provide the most current, state-of-the art information for surgeons regarding the diagnosis and treatment of all types of knee injuries and disorders. “Noyes Knee Disorders” details all steps for planning and performing advanced operations for ligament, meniscus, patellofemoral and tibiofemoral realignment procedures, including over 1,000 supporting illustrations and photographs and 2 DVDs. The issue of the gender disparity of ACL injuries is reviewed in detail in “ACL Injuries in Female Athletes” by researchers, surgeons, and other medical professionals. Practical advanced neuromuscular retraining programs are provided that have significantly reduced ACL injuries in female athletes.
For Research Professionals
Our eBooks and textbooks provide a wealth of current data for researchers regarding nearly all types of knee injuries and problems. Thousands of references are cited in our textbooks; many of which are summarized in over 230 tables in “Noyes Knee Disorders” and over 90 tables in “ACL Injuries in Female Athletes”. The scientific basis for the operative techniques, rehabilitation protocols, and neuromuscular retraining programs is presented and supported with hypothesis-driven investigations and the highest-level evidence studies currently available
For Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers and more...
Our eBooks and textbooks offer unparalleled information regarding rehabilitation and training programs for a wide variety of knee injuries and disorders. From ACL ruptures to general patellofemoral pain, these resources will assist you in treating patients with the most effective and scientifically-sound exercises and modalities. Included are goals for each phase of the rehab program, advanced neuromuscular retraining exercises, and specific tests that should be passed in order to release patients to various athletic activities.
Noyes E-book Series Available on Amazon
Noyes Knee Text Books
Return to Sport After ACL Reconstruction and Other Knee Operations
The wealth of information provided in this unique, 600-page textbook will enable orthopedic surgeons, medical practitioners, physical therapists, and trainers to ensure that athletes who suffer anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries, or who require major knee operations for other reasons, have the best possible chance of safely resuming sporting activity at their desired level without subsequent problems. Divided into seven thematic sections, the coverage is wide-ranging and encompasses the following:
- Common barriers to return to sport
- Return to sport decision-based models
- Complete spectrum of optimal treatment for ACL injuries, including preoperative and postoperative rehabilitation
- Advanced training concepts with description of sports-specific programs for soccer, basketball, and tennis
- Detailed guidance on objective testing for muscle strength, neuromuscular function, neurocognitive function, and cardiovascular fitness
- Validated assessments to identify and manage psychological issues
- Return to sport considerations after meniscus surgery, patellofemoral realignment, articular cartilage procedures, and knee arthroplasty are discussed.
With 275 illustrations, 200 tables and over 3000 references, Return to Sport after ACL Reconstruction and Other Knee Operations is a comprehensive resource for all medical professionals and support staff working with athletes and active patients looking to get back in the game with confidence.
ACL Injuries in the Female Athlete, 2nd Edition
Dr. Noyes is pleased to announce the publication of the 2nd edition of his textbook, ACL Injuries in the Female Athlete: Causes, Impacts, and Conditioning Programs, designed for orthopaedic surgeons, physical therapists, athletic trainers, sports medicine primary care physicians, and strength and conditioning specialists. The 600+ page textbook, published by Springer, examines the short- and long-term impacts of ACL tears and gender-related risk factors for this injury. Neuromuscular training programs, including Sportsmetrics, are provided in detail. With 42 contributors nationally and internationally recognized in the field of ACL injury research, it is considered the leading book on evidence-based evaluation, treatment and prevention of women’s knee injuries.
More than 300,000 ACL injuries occur per year in the United States with millions estimated worldwide. Females are 4-6x more likely to suffer an ACL injury. Dr. Noyes and his team at the Cincinnati SportsMedicine Research & Education Foundation developed an ACL injury prevention program over 20 years ago, Sportsmetrics, which is the first and largest program of its kind. Sportsmetrics, now in 50 states and 12 countries, has joined with Bon Secours-Mercy Health to combat ACL injuries by certifying physical therapy and athletic training staff to introduce the program with patients and school partnerships within the ministry.
Noyes Knee Disorders, 2nd Edition
Frank R. Noyes, MD - internationally-renowned knee surgeon and orthopaedic sports medicine specialist - presents this unparalleled resource on the diagnosis, management, and outcomes analysis for the full range of complex knee disorders.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Presents step-by-step descriptions on soft tissue knee repair and reconstruction for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, meniscus repair, soft tissue transplants, osseous malalignments, articular cartilage restoration, posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, and more to provide you with guidance for the management of any patient.
- Contains today’s most comprehensive and advanced coverageof ACL,PCL, posterolateral, unicompartmental knee replacement, return to sports after injury, along with 1500 new study references supporting treatment recommendations.
- All-new content on unicompartmental and patellofemoral knee replacement, updated operative procedures for posterior cruciate ligament and posterolateral ligament deficiency, updated postoperative rehabilitation protocols, and new information on cartilage restoration procedures and meniscus transplantation.
- Includes some of the most comprehensive and advanced discussions on arthrofibrosis, complex regional pain syndrome, tibial and femoral osteotomies, and posterolateral reconstructions available in modern published literature.
- Covers gender disparities in ligament injuries for more effective analysis and management.
- Includes access to 46 outstanding videos encompassing nearly 11 hours of surgery, live patient rounds, and live presentations.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.